Thursday 7 November 2019

Liam Doran will "do everything to help" Bakkerud's title bid.


Monster Energy RX Cartel's Liam Doran heads to Cape Town with one target in mind, and that is to help teammate Andreas Bakkerud claim the 2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship. 

Doran joined forces with Bakkerud for the 2019 season having competed for Guerlain Chicherit's GCK squad in 2018. While Bakkerud got off to a slow start having been disqualified from the Abu Dhabi season opener, the Brit claimed his best result of the season, a third-place finish.

The British bomb's aggressive driving style has not paid off for him this season, but it could be a matter of gelling with the Audi S1 Quattro. It's quite evident that despite Doran's performance this season, the RX Cartel team have been improving over the course of the season. 

"We have worked really hard as a team this year to get Andreas there again [top of standings], and I would like to be there too, but I can't," said Doran.

Trialing his teammate by 73 points and not in contention for the World RX title, Doran aims to do everything he can to help Andreas Bakkerud claim the title. 

"These three [Andreas, Timmy and Kevin] are racing for themselves - they have to, and I am not. So, I can really do whatever I need to do to make it work [for Bakkerud]," he said. "I have a lot of pressure on me because I think if I can't perform he is going to struggle a little bit. We have a team and they work really well together and I have to perform really well this weekend to help out."

"We want this more than anyone else, and they also want it more than anyone else. He's definitely capable of doing it and I am capable of performing at his level. It's on!"

Written By - Junaid Samodien

No comments:

Post a Comment