Monday 3 May 2021

Ide 'not completely happy with' RallyX Nordic outing.

PHOTO CREDIT: EKS JC.
Belgian racing driver Enzo Ide is not particularly happy with his RallyX Nordic outing in Denmark over the weekend. 

Ide displayed front-running pace, including setting a fastest time but unfortunately didn't start in either final. He finished fourth in the semi-finals on Saturday and was then disqualified from the semi-final on Sunday. 

"I’ve just started with rallycross, but the speed is already there and as I’ve already said, I drive in RallyX Nordic to gather experience before the World Championship," Ide said. "Even though I haven’t done so many races yet, I’ve tested a lot. We knew we would have a good pace even though it’s a completely different experience to drive against other drivers. I'm not completely happy with the weekend and there were some incidents and tough driving on the track, but I will take the positives going forward."

"My pace was good, but I also made some big mistakes. The team is very happy with my lap times and I adapted quickly, even though it was my first time at this track. EKS JC did a fantastic job all weekend, the car worked perfectly and I’m very happy with it. Unfortunately, there was no final and I know that the team is a little disappointed with my black flag in the semi-finals today, but at the same time, it was my fault and not theirs. Now I look forward to Holjes, it’s my favourite track.”

The 29-year-old currently lies sixth in the points after two rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment