Monday 3 May 2021

Evjen 'delighted to be second' in RallyX Nordic championship.

PHOTO CREDIT: EKS JC.
Sondre Evjen is delighted to be second in the RallyX Nordic championship after a successful debut with the EKS JC team in Denmark this weekend. 

The Norweigan excelled with a fast pace from the outset, including good starts and lap times at the front of the field. Thanks to a third and then second-place finish in the two rounds, he leaves Nysum second in the Supercar standings.  

"Two podiums in Nysum is of course good, and today it felt really nice to be able to take second place. I’m very happy with my launches and felt more and more comfortable in the new car. But, I struggled a little to do the first and second corners perfectly," Evjen said. "I often drove against Johan [Kristoffersson] and it’s not so easy to pass him considering his level, but we still gave him a good fight."

"Saturday went very well until the final, where I lost out a bit at the start and then decided to take the joker too early. Sunday in the final I did what I could and pushed as much as I dared in the dust, and ended up second." 

"I’m delighted to be second in the championship. We’re all looking forward to Holjes, it’s a track I’m comfortable on and we go there with a fast car, strong team, and good setup. If we continue like this, we will be hard to beat."

After a frenetic weekend in Denmark, teams will have little time to catch their breath before the action resumes with rounds three and four of the 2021 campaign at Sweden’s iconic Höljes circuit in just two weeks’ time (13-16 May). 

No comments:

Post a Comment