Wednesday 6 June 2018

GRX Taneco heads full speed to Hell!

PHOTO CREDIT: GRX Taneco Team.
The GRX Taneco team have made a remarkable start to the season in their brand new Hyundai i20 Supercars. For the second time in four races, Niclas Grönholm made the final at Silverstone. Timur Timerzyanov has also regularly featured in the semi-finals. 

The i20 Supercar was developed around the infrastructure of Hyundai’s full factory i20 WRC machine, and has improved with each race and is now able to jockey for position with the best cars in the championship.

Niclas Grönholm and Timur Timerzyanov have been working closely with the technical crew to improve the i20 Supercar’s settings for every kind of terrain and a full range of conditions, keen to improve their position among the frontrunners. 

“I feel increasingly at ease with the i20 Supercar," said Grönholm. "We are making constant progress and I hope that we can nail down that certain something that will bring us closer to the leaders." 

Grönholm failed to make it into the top 12 at the 2017 World RX of Norway driving a Ford Fiesta RX Supercar, but hopes to improve this year.

"There are a few drops and climbs around the circuit. It’s great to drive on when you’ve found your pace," says Grönholm. "It’s not necessarily my favourite track but I think we can do great things there with the i20!”

The Hell rallycross circuit is located near Trondheim in central Norway. The track is 63% asphalt and 37% dirt and measures 1,019 metres long. The lap record is 38.246s set by Johan Kristoffersson in 2017. 

Timerzyanov has qualified for the final in Norway every time since the World Championship began in 2014 and has taken a podium spot there three times in the European series.

“I really like the circuit and I’ve always been fast in Norway," says Timerzyanov. "In 2016, I was on the verge of my first WRX victory when I got a puncture in the final." 

"I feel confident in the car and I’m ready to do battle! The team has been working hard to improve the i20 Supercar," the Russian adds. "We’ll be going all out. I’m really optimistic and raring to go now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment