Tuesday 1 May 2018

Petter Solberg: "We have to be even stronger."

PHOTO CREDIT: PSRX Volkswagen Sweden
Petter Solberg overcame a dramatic semi-final on Sunday claiming third place after stalling his PSRX Volkswagen Polo R on the line. "I drove like hell through that race, I was sure I wouldn’t make the top three, but I did," said Solberg.

"This whole weekend has been really tough right from the very first heat," said Solberg. In Q1, Petter found himself in tenth place overall but made an improvement in Q2, which saw him improve to fourth place. 

The changing weather conditions proved to be very challenging for many of the World RX drivers. With four seasons in one day (Sun, clouds, rain and snow). "We have had just about every type of condition. You know, I am in rallying for a lot of years and I know how to drive in the snow, on the dry gravel, wet mud and asphalt – I did that for a long time in the World Rally Championship," says Solberg. "But until I came to Montalegre, until I came to World RX of Portugal, I never drove in all of those conditions in one day. It was unbelievable to be racing in a snow storm. But quite cool as well…"

Solberg went on to finish third in the final (+3.938 seconds behind his team-mate.) 
"What we have to focus on now is the small details with our car. Yes, it’s fantastic to lead the championships and to take two cars on the podium – congratulations, of course to my team-mate Johan for his second win of the season – but we have to be ready for the other cars coming," said Solberg. "We saw here with Peugeot, [Sébastien] Loeb is strong and those guys are only going to get stronger."

Solberg concluded saying: "We have to be even stronger."

Written By: Junaid Samodien

No comments:

Post a Comment