Wednesday 30 May 2018

Kevin Hansen: "This weekend has been one that really turned a corner for me."

PHOTO CREDIT: FIA World Rallycross Media
Kevin Hansen classified 6th in the final. He really turned a corner by making it into the final for the 1st time this year. Unfortunately, he picked up a puncture over the massive jump of Silverstone that deprived him of any result.

“This weekend has been one that really turned a corner for me. We tried lots of different things in terms of set-up and I discovered some things that I know are going to be really useful in the future," said Hansen"The result was that I was in the final for the first time this year – the fifth time of my career that I have gone to the final." 

Kevin got caught up in the semi-final first corner incident involving Petter Solberg and Johan Kristoffersson. "In the semi-final there was a big accident and I had a big hit that meant the steering kicked back and I felt that my shoulder dislocated a bit," says Hansen. "That didn’t distract me though: when you’re driving you don’t think about these things, and anyway, it sort of popped back in again on its own!"

"It was a pity that the wheel broke over the jump in the final, but that doesn’t take anything away from a great weekend for me,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment