Wednesday 30 May 2018

Sébastien Loeb: "I’m really happy, it’s our fourth podium in a row and it couldn’t be much better."

PHOTO CREDIT: FIA World Rallycross Media
Sébastien Loeb, the winner last time out in Belgium, had a consistent run throughout the weekend and highlighted his pace with a podium finish in the final. 

With 2 second places in qualifying and a win in the semi-final, he put in another fighting performance in the 6-lap final after falling behind at the start, adding another hard-earned trophy to his collection: 4 podiums in 4 FIA World RX competitions so far this season.

“It was a great battle in the final. I had a bad start as there was a lot of grip and I nearly stalled the engine; so then I was sixth after the start and I needed to find a way to pass!," says Loeb. "Luckily, I took the joker lap at just the right time and then that helped me to make up some places."

"In six laps, there are not many opportunities to make up places if you have a problem. But I’m really happy, it’s our fourth podium in a row and it couldn’t be much better," he adds.

The Team Peugeot Total 208 RX Supercar has shown consistent pace throughout the opening rounds of championship and sometimes even quicker then both PSRX Volkswagen Sweden and EKS Audi Sport. The team have not introduced any updates to the car yet due to the tight schedule between races. 

"The result, I think, could be a bit better for us here, but I’ve had a lot of fun all year: we have enjoyed fierce battles but really fair battles, and there are three manufacturers fighting so closely,” concludes Loeb.

Sébastien Loeb moved up to second in the drivers' standings, 14 points shy of defending champion Johan Krisoffersson. While Team Peugeot Total are currently third in the teams' standings just 1 point away from second place EKS Audi Sport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment