Monday 4 June 2018

Petter Solberg: "I need a result to turn things around a little bit."

PHOTO CREDIT: FIA World Rallycross Media.
After a tough round in Silverstone, Petter Solberg heads to his home round in search of more luck. The Norwegian failed to qualify for the final in UK after retiring with mechanical issues after Turn 1 drama involving himself and his teammate Johan Krisoffersson in the semi-final.

The Norwegian failed to qualify for the final at the World RX of Norway in 2017, but hope's his early season misfortune (in 2018) can be turned around this weekend. 

“This might be my home race, but it’s not one that has ever been kind to me though – I’ve had quite a lot of bad luck here and this week would be a really good time for that to change!," said Solberg

After failing to make it through to the final in UK, Petter lost vital championship points which saw him fall to fourth in the drivers' standings (25 points behind his teammate).

"Not making the final at the last round in Silverstone was so frustrating for me and, of course, I’m not happy with the place in the championship," says Solberg."I have to work on this in Norway, I need a result to turn things around a little bit."

“I have been at these times in motorsport before, you get one small thing that works for you and it’s like a trigger for everything else,'' he adds. 

"You know the team is doing a fantastic job; Volkswagen Motorsport and R is incredible what we have with the car and I feel like my driving is good – but I just need a break.”

No comments:

Post a Comment