Tuesday 29 May 2018

Niclas Grönholm: "We still have a lot of work to do with the car."

PHOTO CREDIT: GRX Taneco Team.
For the fourth time this year, both GRX Taneco cars made it through to the semi-finals and Niclas Grönholm qualified for the final at Silverstone. 

The goal was clear: a place in the semi-finals. Having finished sixth and seventh in qualifying, Niclas confirmed his eighth place in the standings to take a spot on the second row, with Timur just behind on the third row.

I was lucky,” said Grönholm, looking back on the semi-final. “Timmy Hansen buckled his wheel, so I grabbed third place and made it into the final.”

Timur on the other hand was not all that happy with his weekend leading up to Sunday. 
“I’m not pleased with this weekend’s results. I should be able to make better times, I should be faster," said Timerzyanov. "I don’t know what happened. I feel like I gave it my all but my peak speed isn’t what it should be. But I won’t give up! I know I can do better than that.”

Niclas Grönholm qualified for the final and looked like a contender for third place, but ultimately had to make do with P5. Niclas was the first driver in the final to take the joker lap in hope of running quicker in clean air, but lost time to the leading pack. 

“I gave it my all. I was closing in on Sébastien Loeb but it just wasn’t enough this time. I made a few mistakes in the last lap so missed out on a podium place," said Grönholm. "But it was a really good weekend for us and making it to the final for the second time shows how far we have come. That said, I know we still have a lot of work to do with the car.”

“I’m really pleased and pretty proud of what the team has achieved this weekend. We’re heading in the right direction and getting better with every race," said Pinomäki, GRX Taneco Team Manager. "It’s been a difficult period, with one race after another, and we haven’t had time to focus on the car’s development, but I hope we can do a bit more work before Norway to be even more competitive and build on our momentum.”

No comments:

Post a Comment