Wednesday 30 May 2018

Timmy Hansen: "We were really fast from start to finish and I know that we had the potential to win."

PHOTO CREDIT: FIA World Rallycross Media
Timmy Hansen had all the speed but none of the luck at Silverstone. The Swede was stopped in the semi-final by a puncture that meant he was able to go no further. 

A frontrunner from the very beginning of the weekend, showing his talent consistently throughout qualifying and even winning a heat on Saturday.

“I prefer to look at the positives from this weekend rather than dwell on the negative from today: we were really fast from start to finish and I know that we had the potential to win," said Hansen. "I think we have more or less everything in place now apart from a bit of luck! In the semi-final the wheel just came down on its own, so nothing we could do."

Timmy is the only driver in the field to have won a heat in each of the 2018 World RX rounds so far. Timmy Hansen has only lacked luck thus far. He has shown strong and consistent pace in his Team Peugeot Total 208 RX Supercar. 

"I still enjoyed the weekend and the highlight for me was my win in qualifying, which shows exactly what we are capable of," said Hansen. "Whenever you have a bad result as a driver it’s normal to feel depressed for a little bit, but it’s not going to last for very long."

"I know we have a great car and I’m going to come back fighting hard on the next round in Norway," he adds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment