Thursday 4 July 2019

Kevin Hansen ready for busiest World RX weekend.

PHOTO CREDIT: Red Bull Content Pool.
Kevin Hansen is set for the busiest World Rallycross weekend of the year, as Team Hansen MJP head to their home round in Höljes, Sweden.

'The Magic Weekend' in Sweden sees 45,000 dedicated World Rallycross fans flocking to the Höljesbanan, an iconic rallycross venue that features a mix of almost everything. The track features a twisty and technical first section and the second half is more of a sprint to the finish. 

“This weekend, the magic weekend, is going to be one of the busiest of them all," he said.

The young Swede sees this weekend as a challenge with 25 cars aiming for glory in Sweden.

"There are 25 cars entered, which means being precise is more important than ever. It’s easier to get eliminated. So you need to be on top of your game," Hansen adds. 

In addition to competing in the World RX Championship, Team Hansen MJP are also competing in the Titans RX series. Despite a busy schedule, Kevin believes that competing in back-to-back events is helping him raise his game.

"There’ll be quite a few back-to-back events from here on when I’ll be driving in World RX and then Titans the following weekend," said Hansen. "Driving so much gives me a lot of confidence."

"It’s definitely one of the factors that have helped me raise my level as a driver. Probably the area that I’ve improved most on is that I get in the car now at the beginning of a race weekend and I feel that I’m on the pace straight away. In the past, I had to build up to things more.”

TEXT - Junaid Samodien

No comments:

Post a Comment