Monday 27 August 2018

Kristoffersson chases a seventh win in France.

PHOTO CREDIT: FIA WorldRX Media.
Defending FIA World Rallycross Champion, Johan Kristoffersson heads to France chasing a seventh win of the year, a result that would equal his own record from 2017. The Swede has a 55 point advantage over his nearest rival.  

Kristoffersson admits that a small error could be costly in his pursuit for a second championship title. 

"The strategy is to stay out of trouble. In the last couple of races I have really tried to do this, pushed to get myself in the best possible position; a position where I can control my own race and do my own thing," Kristoffersson explained. "This is what I want to do this weekend. With the championship like it is, I don’t need to take the biggest risks, I need to defend my position and help to strengthen the PSRX Volkswagen Sweden position in the teams’ championship.”

The Swede came under pressure from Peugeot Total in Canada, but aims to use every opportunity to stay ahead. "The last two years when I won in Lohéac it was raining and maybe the rain gives us a small advantage over the Peugeot,'' said Kristoffersson

“The Volkswagen Polo R Supercar is fantastic in those kind of conditions where grip is a little bit more limited. I have such a good feeling with the car when we’re sliding." 

"Normally in Lohéac there’s not so much gravel; it’s strange, it’s brown, it looks like gravel and dirt, but actually when you get there in the dry it’s giving you some more grip. So when the rain comes, I think it helps us."

Can anyone stop Kristoffersson in France? 

No comments:

Post a Comment