Thursday 8 April 2021

EKS JC to field Enzo Ide in RallyX Nordic

PHOTO CREDIT: Jan-Kåre Rafoss
Belgian racing driver Enzo Ide will continue his rallycross venture with the newly formed EKS JC team in the full RallyX Nordic season. 

Ide has a successful circuit racing background with a Champion’s title in Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup and several podium finishes in various GT endurance races. In 2018, he made a switch to rallycross and since has competed in selected World RX, RallyX Nordic, and British Rallycross Championship rounds. He finished the 2020 season with a double 2nd place in British Rallycross Championship at Lydden Hill and also qualified for Semi-finals at two FIA World RX races.

The 29-year-old Belgian has committed to the full RallyX Nordic championship season in 2021 with EKS JC, in the EKS built and prepared Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro Supercar. 

"I am really happy to commit to a full RallyX Nordic season this year. Last year at Höljes I had good fun, but it was also quite tough. At the time I had very little time in the car and I was not fully ready. It will be different this year, as I have had a chance to adapt to the car and it suits me very well. I feel really excited to get back in the rallycross car, and enjoy RallyX Nordic, which features very nice race tracks and has good competition," Enzo Ide said. 

"I am pleased that I can continue to drive the Audi S1 EKS RX quattro with the EKS JC team. It is important for me to have a good atmosphere in the team, like we always have. It makes me feel comfortable and it helps to improve my result on track, while we still have a good fun in the paddock."

EKS JC Team Manager Joel Christoffersson says the team will begin their preparations with a pre-season test session, in order to be fully ready for the race in Denmark. 

Christoffersson adds that the main goal for Enzo in the RallyX Nordic championship is "to show a consistent and growing pace." 

"If he [Enzo] can continue from where we left last year in Lydden, he will have no problems fighting for the Final and podiums in every race," he concludes.

The championship will consist of four races, starting in May at Nysum (Denmark), that will be followed by rounds at Höljes (Sweden), OuluZone (Finland), and Arvika (Sweden).

No comments:

Post a Comment