Friday 6 March 2020

Chicherit and Baciuska to disrupt World RX order with newly formed GCK UNKORRUPTED

PHOTO CREDIT: GC Kompetition
GCK UNKORRUPTED has become the first team to announce their participation in the 2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship. 

Team owner Guerlain Chicherit and Rokas Baciuška join forces with one aim in mind and that is to shake things up with the World RX front runners.

Having competed in the World RX championship for the last two years with a pair of Prodrive developed Renault Megane R.S.RX Supercars, the new team will field two Renault Clio R.S. RX cars.

The cars have undergone major developments in the off-season including a new engine update from ORECA, new BOS dampers, and significant work was done to improve weight distribution. 

"I won’t pull any punches: we’re here to cause trouble! I’m stoked to be bringing UNKORRUPTED into World RX, and together we will push the limits and not be afraid to ruffle some feathers," Chicherit said. "I’ve spent my whole career taking on new challenges and ‘changing the rules’, and this time is no different."

"I’m already psyched for the season to start, it feels like we’ve been waiting forever. Nothing in motorsport offers a bigger adrenaline rush than rallycross, and ever since my first time in World RX (back in 2015) I’ve had the rallycross bug."

"After getting some of my best results  and performances last season, and seeing all the work and testing that has gone into the Clio R.S. RX for this season, I can’t wait to get started with UNKORRUPTED."

PHOTO CREDIT: FIA World RX Media
20-year-old Rokas Baciuška completes the GCK UNKORRUPTED pairing for the 2020 season.

Baciuška won the European S1600 Championship in 2018, then joined the World RX field with ES Motorsport LABAS-Gas, before splitting with the Lithuanian team due to contractual issues. Soon after the split, Rokas joined the GCK Academy in a Megane R.S. RX, impressing everyone with his immediate pace. In only his third race, he took GCK’s (and his) first-ever qualifying win and first-ever overnight top qualifier at Loheac RX – a feat he repeated at the next race in Riga (Latvia).

"It’s awesome to be driving alongside Guerlain again – I loved the opportunity to join GCK last year and am super excited to be part of UNKORRUPTED this season," Baciuška said.  "2019 was a massive year for me as it proved to me and to others that I have the speed to compete right at the top of World RX.”

"But in 2020 I want even more. After seeing all the developments on the Clio R.S. RX, I just want to get started and push for the very top."

"I’m no longer the new kid on the block, so it’s time for me to take the gloves off and get to work."

It remains to be seen if GC Kompetition will field the Renault Megane R.S. RX in World RX this season.

Written By: Junaid Samodien

No comments:

Post a Comment