Thursday 2 August 2018

Nothing changes in Kristoffersson's approach ahead the Canadian round.

PHOTO CREDIT: FIA World RX Media.
Johan Kristoffersson, heads into the second half of the FIA World Rallycross championship, 40 points ahead of his nearest rival.. Despite the Swede's advantage in the championship, he admits that "nothing changes". 

“Nothing changes. The feeling is the same for me like it is at every race: I start again from zero. I go to Canada and I want to score the best points possible," said Kristoffersson. "Yes, we have this lead and I’m really happy that the lead is bigger than it was after round six last season, but it doesn’t mean anything. No job is done yet."

The Swede has five wins under his belt, and entered the record books when he claimed a 'clean sweep' in Norway, but he admits that: “One bad weekend and everything is completely open again."

“The plan is the same: to push as hard as possible and to look to control the weekend as much as possible," explained Kristoffersson.

Johan is under no illusion that the 2018 World RX of Canada will be easy, but he knows what it takes to WIN in Canada. The challenging street circuit boasts 60% asphalt and 40% gravel.

"I like Canada, it’s a fun place and an interesting track. Driving on a street circuit is always really demanding, there’s zero room to make a mistake. We won here last year and a repeat of that result would be really special for me," said Kristoffersson.

The 2017 World Rallycross Champion is not focused on beating his current record, but is rather focused on claiming his second championship.

“People have been talking about the potential for beating records [for event victories in a single season – Johan currently has five, the record (his record) stands at seven from last year] but I’m really not thinking about that at all," explains Kristoffersson"I know people probably don’t believe me when I say that, but it’s true. OK, you wouldn’t be normal if you didn’t think to it a little bit, but it’s a very small bit. The focus is on the championships, that’s what the season is all about for me and for the team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment