Thursday 9 August 2018

Kevin Hansen: "I’m growing in confidence all the time and my feeling with the car is great."

PHOTO CREDIT: Peugeot Sport 
Kevin Hansen, an independent FIA World Rallycross entry with Team Peugeot Total backing has been incredibly impressive this season. His performance in a older spec (specification cars) 208 RX Supercar has been nothing short of superb. 

The young Swede received an upgraded Peugeot 208 RX Supercar (raced by his brother and Loeb at the start of the season) in Sweden, and he is learning to set-up the new car. 

Kevin ended the opening day at the World Rallycross of Canada in fifth place behind his brother Timmy Hansen. On Sunday morning, the Swedes pace was strong and he secured a place in the second semi-final.

“I had a really good start in the semi-final, I was almost first down to Turn 1, but then I tried to get through on the outside and I got stuck there: it’s not easy!," Hansen explains. "So I was bumped down and then I jokered and came back into the middle of another big fight, where I was starting to make some progress."

Kevin later retired from the semi-final with engine issues. "Unfortunately, on the next lap my car began to slow down with an engine problem and then I had to stop, so it was game over," he adds.

"From my point of view I’m very happy with my driving: I’m growing in confidence all the time and my feeling with the car is great.”

No comments:

Post a Comment