Wednesday 13 June 2018

Kevin Hansen: "I worked a lot with my head and I feel really comfortable with the team now."

PHOTO CREDIT: Peugeot Sport
Kevin Hansen claimed his strongest result this season by finishing just off the podium (4th) in a tense final. After he made adjustments to improve the set-up of his car together with the Peugeot engineers on Friday [practice], he didn’t put a foot wrong all weekend throughout the qualifying heats to progress to the final. 

Kevin is not eligible to score points for the teams' championship, but this result puts him in good stead for the future. 

Kevin Hansen
PHOTO CREDIT: Peugeot Sport
“It was an amazing day and I think my pace has been really good all weekend," said Hansen. "I feel really comfortable with the car and the team and myself. To have yet another good weekend and the pace, it has been amazing."

During the semi-final, he was on the front row of the grid alongside his brother [Timmy], with the duo making the most of a team strategy to capitalize on every opportunity. The brothers made it into the final, while teammate Sébastien Loeb missed out on qualifying for the final. 

"To finish in the final and challenge for the podium is a big step forward," the Swede said. "4th place in the final here in Hell is also the second 4th place of my career, so I am really happy about that."

Kevin's improved performance can be attributed to the work he has down off-track to improve his mental strength. "I worked a lot with my head and I feel really comfortable with the team now and I’m really enjoying my driving; I believe in myself a lot," says Hansen. "I think I worked really hard after Belgium when I didn’t have such a good weekend and I came back really strong. I can’t wait for my home race now.”

The result in Norway now boosts him up in the championship rankings to 8th overall [61 points.]

No comments:

Post a Comment