Friday 14 June 2019

'I feed to focus and get back into the zone' - Timmy Hansen.

PHOTO CREDIT: Red Bull Content Pool
Timmy Hansen became the first double winner of 2019 at the World RX of Great Britain. The 27-year-old Swede leads the championship by four points from his younger brother Kevin. 

Hansen believes that talks with his younger brother will help reduce the tension as they fight for the championship.

"It’s a close fight with Kevin and I think we were both worried that it might affect our relationship, but we’ve talked about it a lot and we’re probably even closer: just as well as we’re traveling around together this year!”, said Hansen.

As the championship approaches the halfway point, Team Hansen MJP cannot afford to stand still in the race for the championship. 

"I’m looking forward to the weekend; we’ve got a few updates to the Öhlins dampers that Kevin tested in free practice at Silverstone, and this will be a good place to introduce them, as Hell is a bumpy track with a lot of traction needed." 

Despite becoming the first repeat winner of the season, Hansen believes that he needs to get back into the zone. 

"I feel that I’m on a roll now but I need to focus and get myself back into the zone," he said.

TEXT - Junaid Samodien

No comments:

Post a Comment