Tuesday 25 August 2020

Nitišs is back for Latvia RX doubleheader.

PHOTO CREDIT: REINISNITISS.com
Double European Rallycross Champion Reinis Nitišs will join ESmotorsport for the fifth and sixth round of the FIA World Rallycross Championship, at the NESTA World RX of Riga on September 19-20.

Nitišs has been a World RX regular from its inaugural season in 2014 and competed almost full-time until 2017, before switching back to Euro RX in 2018, where he claimed his second title. In 2019, Nitišs fulfilled in a Development Driver role in the Gronholm RX and has been focusing on rallying since that.

ESmotorsport Skoda Fabia Supercar at 2019 World RX event.
PHOTO CREDIT: FIA World RX. 
"I’m grateful to the ESmotorsport for this opportunity to be a part of an exciting project. I think everyone knows that rallycross is in my heart and it really feels good to be back in a 600bhp World RX Supercar. Especially do be doing it in my home country, in front of my Latvian fans," Nitišs said.

"I know the team has been working hard on the development of the car and now it’s up to me to make use of that in real racing conditions. For sure, every team have been working hard over this long break, so we want to see where we stand against the best of the sport."

The ESmotorsport team is owned by a former FIA European Rallycross Championship Super1600 driver Ernestas Staponkus, who started developing the team’s Škoda Fabia World RX Supercar in 2018, with the team contesting eight World RX rounds in 2019.

"I’ve known Reinis for some time and I know he is a perspective and fast driver. Above that, he is also a very positive person. I hope we can work with him not only on these two races in Riga, but other rounds as well,” Ernestas Staponkus, ESmotorsport team owner, said.

Written By - Junaid Samodien 

No comments:

Post a Comment