Thursday 7 November 2019

"I have a goal, its going flat out!" - Kevin Hansen.



Team Hansen MJP's Kevin Hansen aims to go flat out in pursuit of the FIA World Rallycross Championship title at the Killarney International Raceway this weekend. 

It's all to play for with 30 points available at the season finale. Kevin Hansen is eight points behind the championship leader (and his brother) and a mere seven points behind Monster Energy RX Cartel rival Andreas Bakkerud. 

Kevin arrives in Cape Town having claimed the Titans RX and Nitro RX championships, and adding the FIA World RX championship would be another feather in his cap. 

"It's a really easy situation for me. I'm third, I have no pressure from behind, I have a goal ahead, so it's just a case of going flat out!" Hansen said. "We have done good preparation and we are ready for battle."

"I think it's nice to be a bit behind, and I will do what I need to do! I have been in plenty of championship battles before, so it's nothing new for me. I am a few points behind which puts me on the back foot, but I am sure that I will have plenty of good opportunities."


The path to the FIA World Rallycross Championship was filled with hurdles in 2018 after Peugeot withdrew from the championship, which left the Hansen brothers without seats for the 2019 season. It looked likely that the Hansens would not be competing in rallycross at all, but after weeks of hard work the team secured an entry into the World RX championship and the rest is history. 

Team Hansen MJP needs to score eight points this weekend to claim the teams’ title irrespective of what championship rivals GRX Taneco achieve.

"It was a lot of hard work to get here and compete this year, so it feels amazing to have made it here and be so close to the teams' championship title," he said. "I believe we will secure the teams' title this year, we are only a few points away, and it will be incredible if it does happen." 

"But it was already a win just to be there at the start line in Abu Dhabi. That spirit has been our key to being successful this year, so to be part of the team and put this run together with everyone is such an amazing feeling."

"It's going to be an amazing feeling, hopefully after the qualifying sessions are over, to have secured one championship and then just a few hours later we can secure the next one as well!"

Written By - Junaid Samodien

No comments:

Post a Comment