Thursday 12 September 2019

Scott Speed on the road to recovery and will miss remaining ARX rounds.

PHOTO CREDIT: ARX Media.
ARX Championship leader Scott Speed has confirmed that he will miss the remainder of the 2019 Americas Rallycross Championship.

The reigning ARX Champion fractured three vertebrae after a hard landing from a jump at Nitro Rallycross in Utah last month. After MRI scans in the aftermath of the incident, it was determined that Speed would not require surgery and will wear a back brace. He faces a lengthy rehabilitation period [6 to 8 weeks of potential recovery time].

Speed has provided an update regarding his recovery in an Instagram post, confirming that he will miss the remainder of the ARX Championship. 

"[It] was a good news day. All the scans show that the bone is healing well, and the docs said following a CT scan in two months he is 90% sure I’ll get the OK to race again come January," Speed said. "Obviously I’ll be out for the rest of the year. But I’ll most certainly still be going to the last races to support my amazing team at ‘Subaru Motorsports’ in their bid for the ARX Championship.”

"I still have one more month before I can really start the PT but knowing that I’ll race again has me fired up! I am not sure I have ever been more motivated!" he added.

Subaru Motorsport USA is yet to confirm whether they will field a replacement driver in Speed's #41 Subaru WRX STI for the final rounds in Austin and Mid-Ohio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment