Friday 26 April 2019

Kevin Hansen feeling confident after maiden World RX win.

PHOTO CREDIT: Red Bull Content Pool
Team Hansen MJP's Kevin Hansen remains grounded after claiming his maiden World RX win in Abu Dhabi.

Hansen claimed his maiden World RX win in Abu Dhabi after Niclas Gronholm was awarded a three-second time penalty for unsportsmanlike behavior in the final after pushing and overtaking the Swede. 

“After winning in Abu Dhabi, it’s great to start on the right foot," says Hansen. "As the for the rest, now we just have to keep pushing."

In 2018, the Swede qualified for the semi-finals but was forced to give up his position to teammate Sebastien Loeb. He claimed twelfth overall in 2018. 

"We know what we’ve got, and I love the Barcelona circuit. I won the European title there, so I’ve got some good memories of the place, and last year I got to the semi-final, but I had to give my place up because of team orders." 

"However, it’s going to be very difficult to compare to last year as in 2018 it was mostly raining." he adds. "This time, we expect it to be dry, so there’s going to be more rubber on the gravel and the line will be different too: everything will be faster." 

"I’m feeling confident but once again it’s hard to know what to expect."

TEXT: Junaid Samodien

No comments:

Post a Comment