Wednesday 28 November 2018

Kevin Hansen: “It was amazing to get to the final once again!"

PHOTO CREDIT: Junaid Samodien
Team Peugeot Total's young driver and individual entrant Kevin Hansen, claimed a fourth place finish at the 2018 Gumtree World Rallycross of South Africa

The 20-year-old Swede secured an eighth place finish in the overall drivers' championship standings, just one point shy of Niclas Gronholm in seventh overall. 

“It was amazing to get to the final once again!," said Kevin Hansen. "I am so pleased to have got the car into the final for my crew; it was really the main goal every weekend. I was challenging for the podium again, but finishing with a 4th place is still nice, as it equals my best result this season."

Despite the strong end to the season, Hansen's future in the World RX championship remains in doubt after Peugeot announced their withdrawal from the sport. But, the young Swede is happy to have learnt and grown in a factory backed team.

"At 20 years old, being in a factory team, you learn a lot! I will take all this experience to grow," said Hansen. "I think it will be very important to help prepare myself to become world champion as soon as possible."

Kevin Hansen confirmed that there are no solid plans to compete in the 2019 World RX championship, as yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment