Tuesday 18 September 2018

The Hansen brothers are pleased with the Latvia RX result.


PHOTO CREDIT: Peugeot Sport. 
The 9th round of the FIA World Rallycross Championship in Latvia was extremely closely-fought: to the extent that the winning margin in one of the Qualifying races (Q1) was just 0.009 seconds – or 23 centimetres.

In the end, Team Peugeot Total secured three positions in the Latvian final, and Sebastien Loeb went on to secure a podium finish. 

The final didn’t entirely go to plan for brothers Timmy Hansen and Kevin Hansen, who finished 5th and 6th respectively, although it was still a strong team showing, with a useful points haul. 

Despite his fifth place finish in Riga, Timmy Hansen was relatively happy with how his weekend shaped up. “I’m happy with the result of this weekend overall and I think 5th is a fair reflection of what I deserved," says Timmy Hansen.

"My start wasn’t perfect in the Final and I was probably missing a bit to be challenging at the very top, but overall the speed was very, very good and we’ve seen some good progress; especially when we ended up with 3 Peugeot's in the Final," the Swede explained.

Since its introduction, the Peugeot 208 WRX Evo has been competitive, but the team are consistently working to find improvements, in order to achieve their ultimate goal of claiming race wins. 

Hansen believes that with more work, Team Peugeot Total can become race winning contenders: "If we carry on working in this way, I think we can definitely achieve our goals."

Timmy Hansen's younger brother, and Team Peugeot Total's independent World RX entrant, Kevin Hansen claimed a spot in the final and finished in 6th place. The young Swede is happy to have qualified for the final. “I’m actually more than happy: I’m really delighted," said Kevin Hansen. "I got through to the Final, for the 4th time this year, and I raced well all weekend." 

Kevin Hansen was particularly happy with how Team Peugeot Total reacted to setbacks on Saturday. "It was looking really tough but with the help of the team, we dug deep and were able to fight back: it’s really an extraordinary group of people here who never give up," explained Hansen"From my perspective, I feel that I’m learning more all the time with this car and that we’re continuing the learning curve that we embarked on."

"I’m eager to make more progress now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment