Friday 13 April 2018

A new chapter for Peugeot in World Rallycross

Team Peugeot Total's 208 RX Supercar.
Image Copyright: Peugeot Sport
Peugeot aim to take the fight to PSRX Volkswagen Sweden (defending champions) and EKS Audi Sport in the 2018 FIA World Rallycross season after entering World Rallycross as a full factory manufacturer. Team Peugeot Total will be fielding 3 cars in 3 different colours for there 3 drivers. 

Nine-time World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb, together with the Swedish brothers Timmy Hansen and Kevin Hansen will race an evolution of the 2017 car. All 3 Peugeot 208 RX Supercars will be progressively updated during the season, with new evolutions currently being prepared by Peugeot Sport engineers at the factory.

Let's hear from the driver:

Sébastien Loeb
“Our shakedown was good, and it was useful for me to get back into the rhythm of driving a rallycross car again, even if in the end it’s quite different from a Dakar car or a World Rally Car, so I never have any big difficulty adapting from one car to another: it’s what I’ve always done. The test is also a good opportunity to try out different settings to see what works best, knowing also that we will consistently be bringing in new developments to the PEUGEOT 208 WRX throughout the year. I’m looking forward to Barcelona; it’s a nice place that I’ve always liked. In rallycross it’s always hard to set an objective in advance anyway, but especially at the first race of the season. So, I’m just going to do my best and see what happens.”

Timmy Hansen
“We are having a proper week-long build-up to the first race in Barcelona with a shakedown in France and then some testing. Obviously, you can’t make any big changes in just a few days, but you can join everything together and iron out any little things that aren’t perfect. The car feels quite familiar to me in a good way, as we’ve kept all the strengths from last year – with a really good balance and feel – but updated it in the areas where we wanted to find a bit more performance. Barcelona has always been a good track for me personally: I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad race there. The surface is high-grip and should suit our car well, but in the end, we have to treat it as a race like any other.”

Kevin Hansen 
“I feel really excited to start the season! I tried my factory car during the shakedown we and it felt good. Our recent tests are all about confirming the work that has been done over the winter and making some small adjustments so that we are completely ready for Barcelona. At the beginning of the season I’ll be racing a 2017-specification PEUGEOT 208 WRX but I am confident in the work that the PEUGEOT Sport team is putting in for the future. Barcelona is a track I really love: I have driven there in RX2 as well as Supercars, and it’s where I took my European title in 2016, so I only have good memories. I’m feeling positive: this is a great place for us to start the season and I’m determined to make the most of every opportunity that comes my way.”

Source: Peugeot Sport
Written By: Junaid Samodien
Image Copyright: Peugeot Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment